You can easily remove Powered By and Copyright from the GeneratePress theme without writing any code.
Here are the steps to remove the Powered By and Copyright text in GeneratePress:
- Install and Activate the GP Premium plugin.
- Activate the Copyright module of GP Premium plugin.
- Open WordPress Customizer.
- Edit Copyright text under Layout > Footer in WordPress Customizer.
- Publish your changes.
Now let’s take a detailed look at each of these steps.
If you prefer written tutorial, please keep reading.
1. Install And Activate The GP Premium Plugin
GP Premium plugin is from the same team that created the GeneratePress theme.
It adds a lot of features to the GeneratePress theme using which you can build your site without writing too much code.
It is a paid plugin, but its a very inexpensive plugin and a well supported one too.
So there is no reason to not get this plugin and keep fumbling around with code.
You will save a lot of time by using this plugin, which otherwise you will spend hunting CSS code snippets around the internet.
That time you save, you can easily invest in growing your business.
So get the GP Premium plugin and then install and activate it.
Okay! Let’s see the next step now…
2. Activate The Copyright Module Of GP Premium Plugin
Once the GP Premium plugin is activated, go to Appearance > GeneratePress and activate the Copyright module.
3. Open WordPress Customizer
Now, go to the front-end of your website and click on the Customize link in the WordPress Admin Bar to open WordPress Customizer.
4. Edit Copyright Text Under Layout > Footer In WordPress Customizer
Once WordPress Customizer panel is open, go to Layout > Footer and enter a space in the Copyright field. You can also enter any text that you want in this field. Whatever you enter in this field will replace the Powered By and Copyright text in the GeneratePress theme footer.
5. Publish Your Changes
Once you are done entering your desired text in the Copyright field, hit the Publish button to publish your changes.
And that’s it!
The Powered By and Copyright text should is now removed from the GeneratePress theme footer.
Related Further Reading:
- How To Remove GeneratePress Footer Without Writing Code
- How To Make A Website Without Writing A Single Line Of Code
- How To Add Author Box In GeneratePress (With And Without Plugin)
There are a lot of things that you can do with GP Premium plugin like designing layouts, changing colors, importing ready-made sites, etc.
So explore all those features of GP Premium plugin.
This small investment in your business can save you a lot of time.