I have been using WordPress since 2009 to build websites. So I keep getting questions from people about where to find a good WordPress tutorial for beginners.
“Can you tell us where we can find WordPress tutorials so that we can learn how to use it?” This is a common question that I get a lot, mostly from people I know.
They are not looking for anything advanced; they just want to learn how to use WordPress.
I thought it would be easy to find a WordPress tutorial for beginners. After all, WordPress is probably one of the largest open source projects for building websites.
But I was wrong! I did not find any WordPress tutorial that beginners could refer to and learn WordPress.
Don’t get me wrong. There are many tutorials out there which teach WordPress. But I was looking for a series of free tutorials that were structured together in such a way that any beginner could easily learn how to use WordPress.
The free tutorials that I found were not comprehensive enough. And the ones that looked comprehensive were locked behind a paywall.
Again, don’t get me wrong. I am not against those people who want to charge for their tutorials. I understand that they have put a lot of efforts in creating those tutorials, and it’s justified that they get paid for their hard word. I am perfectly fine with that, and I support those people.
But, somewhere at the bottom of my heart, I find it difficult to accept that people starting out with WordPress have to pay for tutorials.
WordPress is made freely available to everyone for a reason. The whole idea behind making WordPress free was to enable each and every person on earth to make a website.
So then, why charge beginners for WordPress tutorials?
I am not seeking an answer to that question.
All I want to say is that keeping in spirit with WordPress; I am starting out to write a series of WordPress tutorials for beginners that they can use to learn WordPress. And I will never put these behind a paywall.
I sincerely hope that people who are starting out with WordPress will find these tutorials useful and will be able to learn how to use WordPress.
I have grouped these tutorials logically, the way I think people will most benefit more from them.
If you would like to suggest any improvements to the tutorials, then leave a comment below. I will do my best to accommodate them.
With that said, let us start the tutorials.
WordPress Tutorial for Beginners
Getting to Know WordPress
- What is WordPress?
- 27 Reasons Why You Should Use WordPress
- WordPress.com vs WordPress.org – What is Better?
- How to Install WordPress in 10+ Different Ways
WordPress Admin Panel
- WordPress Admin Panel – A Detailed Tour
- An Introduction to WordPress Dashboard
- Understanding WordPress Settings – The Complete Guide
- What is WordPress Permalink and How to Use It Effectively?
- What is WordPress Theme and How to Work With It?
- What are WordPress Plugins and How to Install Them? (coming soon)
- What is a WordPress Menu and How to Create One? (coming soon)
- What are Widgets and How to Add them? (coming soon)
Working with WordPress
- What are WordPress Posts? (coming soon)
- What are WordPress Pages? (coming soon)
- Posts vs Pages – When to Use What? (coming soon)
- How to Use WordPress Editor? (coming soon)
- How to Schedule WordPress Posts?
- How to Add Breadcrumbs to WordPress Posts and Pages?
- What are WordPress Categories? – The Ultimate Manual
- What are WordPress Tags and How to Use Them Effectively?
- Categories vs Tags – Which One Should You Use in WordPress?
- What are Post Formats? (coming soon)
- What are Post Revisions? (coming soon)
- What is Media Library? (coming soon)
- How to Add Images in WordPress? (coming soon)
- How to Embed a Video in WordPress? (coming soon)
- How to Create Links in WordPress Posts and Pages? (coming soon)
- What are Comments and How to Manage Them? (coming soon)
- What is RSS? (coming soon)
- What is WordPress Multisite Network? (coming soon)
- What are Users in WordPress and to Set a User Profile? (coming soon)
- Understanding User Roles (coming soon)
- What are Custom Fields in WordPress? (coming soon)
- How to Use WordPress Tools? (coming soon)
- How to Update WordPress? (coming soon)
- What are Custom Post Types? (coming soon)
- What is functions.php? (coming soon)
- How to Optimize a WordPress Website for Search Engines? (coming soon)
- How to Setup Yoast SEO Plugin the Right Way? (coming soon)
- How to Connect WordPress to Google Search Console? (coming soon)
- How to Connect WordPress to Google Analytics? (coming soon)
Did I miss anything? If so, let me know in the comments below. And I will try to add it to this WordPress tutorial for beginners.
Finally, if you have any friends or relatives who want to learn WordPress, please share this page with them. The sharing buttons are right below :).